Friday, August 18, 2006

Mongol-mania!

Saina! This week has been awesome! I got lessons on the Murin Khuur from professional Mongolain instrumentalists for FREE!!! How amazing is that?! I'm a little bummed that I couldn't have work off for the whole week, because hosting the Mongolians at our house has been a lot of fun. I was able to go down to Salt Lake on Monday after I got off of work, and I came back today before I had to work. Yesterday had to have been the most fun. We spent the afternoon boating and swimming in Deer Creek. The Mongolians had a blast (as you can see)! They wore the life jackets everywhere. I thought it was pretty entertaining.



Don't ask me to say her name, much less spell it, but she stayed at our house. Sweet shades, don't you think?


Mel is pretty cool too.


This morning the Mongolians performed at Magna Elementary. Some people from China and Panama also performed. I loved the Chinese girls dance. It was so cute! And those girls are very sweet, as well. I got to talk to them and they were very nice.



The Mongolians brought a contortionist, which was so cool. This little girl is only 12 years old (I think) and could move her body in a way that is completely unnatural, but is amazing.




Needless to say, it has been an awesome week. One of the Mongolians taught me a few phrases, which I can't spell, but let's just say that not all of them are nice. :) It's pretty cool, though. Give me enough time and I'll be speaking their language! Well, that's all I have for this post. Hope you enjoyed those pictures! They weren't easy to take.

No comments: