Monday, August 14, 2006

Lots to Say.. My Bad

I really should've been keeping this up all week, because this week has been exciting. Too bad I forgot about it.

The few days with Steph were a lot of fun. It was so good to see her because I don't get to see her nearly enough. We did a lot of things we've been saying we needed to do together (like watching certain movies, bowling, going to the temple, etc). I took a lot of great pictures of the temple, but I'd forgotten my camera, so I'm waiting for an email including the pictures. Looking at the pictures makes me think I should go into photography. Bet you all can't wait to see them. As soon as she gets back from her trip hopefully I'll get those pictures posted up here. Here are some other pictures from when she was up here.



Thursday was one of my days off last week, so I went over to Jeff's house to hang out with his mom. She's pretty cool, and cool company is definitely a ton better than no company. While I was over there, I started on a new project: decorations for my living room when the new roommates get up here. That's right, Home Makeover: Jess' Ghetto Living Room Edition. You all just wait. Here is what I've got so far.


Yep, that's it. But it's all coming along in my head very nicely.

On Saturday I was able to come to SLC and spend precious time with some of the best friends I've ever had. We had a great time, and I just decided that I don't spend enough time with these guys. Mostly because I can't. Trent was in town from California. Doty just got his mission call to Puerto Rico. Curtis has his call to Russia. Jeff, well, I take that back. I see Jeff a lot. The other one is Kim. She's a friend I knew through a symphony. We weren't very close, but it was fun to see her again, too.
Trent


Curtis


Doty - A face only a mother could love... Just kidding.


Jeff


Kim


The other purpose of coming down to SLC was to go to Justin Parks' "farewell". He was a great friend to me this year. I first met him in my apartment building where he lived in the room above mine. However, I got to know him through dance. His nickname is "Brick" because he's so muscular and immovable. He is going to make a great missionary. I will never forget the nickname he and Bryce gave me: "Mom", mostly because I took care of them while their mom's weren't around. If I had a dollar for every time I cooked for Brick, I'd probably be rich. Instead I just have no food. I saw some other friends from Morgan Hall and dance at the house after church, which was nice. This year is going to be so much different.
Jared (from dance), me, and Elder Justin "Brick" Parks


In back: Amber, Tawny, I forget her name, and Bryce
In front: Jared and Jeff


To say the least, this week has been great. I didn't plan on seeing so many of my best friends in so little time. I'm still a little overwhelmed. It will be too long until the next time I see them, guaranteed.

Sorry this one is so long. I'll try to work on that. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Perception said...

you just keep saying that. A person can only lie to themselves for so long. Be careful, I might not be available by the time you come to your senses