Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tribute to Grandpa

This is an excerpt from a blog I posted on myspace the day that Grandpa Gayle passed away (with a few minor changes to adjust it to today's date).

Grandpa passed away just over a week ago. Grandpa has been struggling with his health for as long as I can remember. He's never really been healthy enough to play with us like grandpa's usually do, but that's okay. I love my grandpa because he has been the best grandpa he could be under his health circumstances. I love my grandpa because he always told the truth about how things are and how he felt about it. I love my grandpa because he never got mad at us as kids when we wanted to run around his house and do things little kids like to do. I love my grandpa because he gave life to my dad, whom I love very much.



I thank my Heavenly Father for the strength He has given me constantly throughout my life. Even though none of my family is in Logan, I know that I can turn to Him. I am grateful for His little ways of helping me. Yesterday, I had a lesson on writing in my journal, so I wrote a lot last night. I came to grips with the reality of grandpa's situation and now I can say that he is happy. This is a good thing, and I will see him again, so there's no need to worry about it. I know that God is good, and that He will help me get through this.

A message to grandpa: Hey big guy. I'm happy for you. It must be nice to not have all of that physical pain anymore. I just want you to know that I love you, always and forever. You are an amazing man, Grandpa, and I love you. Stay with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH!