Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tid Bits

Ok. I think the ocean analogy (going from Can You Relate to Sunshine) is finally over. One more post of that might have washed everyone off of the shore of my blog... or just made you want to stop reading.
Anyway, I wanted to post a bit of the homework that I have been working on this past week. I'll try not to use any jargon that will confuse you.


You might be able to tell that these pictures have the same data points, but the U.S. looks different each time. That wasn't the hard part of the assignment. But it still makes me look cool, right? Here's the hard part:


I must explain something here. The data points are actually the average January temperature taken at that location; small dots mean low temperatures, big dots mean higher temperatures. Ok. Now these two bottom pictures show the predicted average temperatures at those locations (the upper picture) and the error associated with that prediction (lower picture). Now, isn't that neat? You can see in the prediction picture that lower temperatures are predicted in the north and higher temperatures are predicted in the south. And that's all done using the pictures at the top of this post. Feel smarter? Hmm.. Can't say I didn't try.

1 comment:

trublubyu said...

hey thanks for stopping by my blog. come over any time!

good luck with that homework!