Monday, September 26, 2011

High Time

I suppose it's time I blogged again. So much for the 3 posts a week goal...

Last week Mark's mom, Kathy, came to visit. She stayed for a full week, and for 4 days of that Mark was out of town. Lucky me!! We had a fabulous time together. Some of the things we did:

  • Rode the tram and took a short hike on top of the Sandia "mountains" (<- that has "" because I'm from Utah)
  • Santa Fe - museum, dinner, shopping
  • House hunting
  • Cooked and ate delicious food
  • Read fun books
  • Exercised
  • Relaxed
  • Explored Petroglyph National Monument
  • Went to the temple
We may or may not have done other things, too. But we had so much fun that I've forgotten the small details of what we were doing to have fun :)

Things have been pretty quiet around here since she left. One big fun fact is that we've borrowed a bicycle for me to ride around town for my workouts. I went 14 miles today! The bike only has one speed (it's kind of run down, and used to be a 24 speed mountain bike), so it takes a while to get anywhere. The speed it's on is good for going uphill. However, it's hard to work up speed on a nearly flat surface. Downhill is obviously fine.

One other fun fact is I may have a job by the end of the year! I'm going to the same event that got Mark hired at Sandia (the Science and Engineering Expo) at the end of October. Until then, I'll stay content with the relaxing and peaceful life I live.

No comments: