Thursday, January 07, 2010

Luck

Do you believe in good luck and bad luck? I do. And when traveling, Mark and I have bad luck. For example:

We are currently in Georgia. We were looking forward to a break from cold, snowy Logan. However, I look out the window and what do I see? Snow is falling on the Georgia trees. Figures. The forecast is cold, rainy/snowy weather until we leave.
On our way here, we packed so that we wouldn't have to check any bags. As we were boarding our second flight yesterday, an airline worker said, "There's not enough room on the plane, I'm going to have to check this bag for you." There ended up being enough room. Also, that was broken by the people who forced us to check it. Thank you, American Airlines. Thanks for taking our stuff and breaking it.

And that is just the first part of this trip. Now, lets take a look at past vacations.

Portland, December 2008.
Snow. Lots of snow. In a city where it never snows. It melted not too long after we left. Everything we wanted to do was closed or unaccessible. Figures.

Argentina, March 2008
Our flight to Argentina was cancelled; we left a day later than we wanted. They had sent our luggage on before our flight was cancelled and it got lost. We didn't have our luggage with us for a day. Yellow fever broke out at one of the tourist attractions we wanted to go to. The coins required to ride the bus were worth less than the metal to make them, and thus were in small supply, making it hard to get around. On the way back to the U.S. we got to Texas and the weather went crazy. We had to stay in a hotel overnight because of flooding and tornado warnings. Figures.

England, June/July 2005
The day I flew into Enland, terrorists bombed busses in London. London locked down it's city. Nobody in, nobody out. We (the touring music group) had to skip the London part of the trip. Figures.

Lake Powell, August 2004
Big speeding ticket (my fault). Huge lake storm - both ski boats sunk and the houseboat we were on got washed up onto the shore. Rolled the car on the way home. Figures.

The list can go on. Can you say "bad luck"?

8 comments:

Laura said...

I take it you're not really enjoying your trip...

Man said...

Wow sounds like a blast!...or not. :D I'm sorry you have had such bad luck but I have been thoroughly entertained from reading about it at least?! haha! ;)

B/T Frank said...

Remind me to NEVER go on vaction with you!!! hahaha Just kidding Jess, look on the bright side look at all the memories you're having and making! You're not stuck at home doing nothing and you will always remember these trips! Good luck with the rest of the trip!

Ben and Michelle said...

Wow I didn't know you went to Argentina and England! You guys have too much fun! Sorry to hear about your traveling mishaps......Think of it this way, the less you want to travel the more I get to see you!!!

Kellie said...

I'm sorry! That sucks. So I guess we should come visit you and not the other way around?

Fernie said...

No pity from me!! You always end up having a great time with great memories and mark is fun company! You should pity me--- I have to stay here and worry about you -- moms Privelage (sp?)

Rose said...

Note to self: Don't go on vacation with Jess unless you are ready for an adventure you never planned on.

Sam said...

It's funny how much I agree with Tera, your mom, and Rose.