Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer

This summer has been a good one so far. Frankie was the first big event of the summer, and it kind of put a bit of a damper on things. I had plans to paint the whole house before the summer semester started and all sorts of other fun plans. I did get one room painted, but haven't done any painting since.

My summer semester started on Monday. This means that the college algebra night class I have been dreading looking forward to teaching has started. My students seem like good-hearted people who want to learn, so I anticipate having a good 14 days with them. Yes, I said 14 days. We have a regular semester worth of class (about 48 days) packed into two short weeks. I feel bad for the students, but it is their choice (and I'm getting paid more than a regular semester so I certainly don't mind). Along with the college algebra class, I am hosting a recitation/help session for a stats class. I started that one today. It's voluntary for the students, but I had a good turnout. I think that one will go well also.

In other news, we had Mark's family reunion this past weekend. It was a blast! Imagine a weekend filled with Lagoon, hiking, eating, and playing games. Who could wish for more? We also had family pictures done. It's great having photographers in the family. When I get some pictures of Mark and me I'll put them up here.

Finally, it's my birthday on Friday and I'm planning to use the tickets from last weekend's Lagoon trip to bounce back with some friends. Hooray! I'm also looking forward to spending time with my parents for Father's Day this weekend.

That's all for now! Pictures to come later.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

As Nathan would say, I'm gelatinous of you. Or as I would say, jealous. Lagoon, hiking, eating, and games. Yeah, I'm taking wallpaper off our kitchen walls still. However, I have to say I don't envy the math stuff. I'm so glad you're good at that stuff so I don't have to be:)