Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Call Me Crash

So, if you've known me for at least 5 years, you know my driving history. Being Fern's daughter, I don't have the greatest driving record. Well, yesterday I thought it'd be fun to revisit old times. Fortunately it wasn't bad enough this time to take pictures, but here's the story anyway. I was at work and was about to take a delivery. One of our kind customers was illegally parked in front of the store. Naturally, as it is hard to miss seeing a brown car, I saw his car, but instantly forgot about it as I had the pressures of school on my mind. Backing up, I felt a familiar feeling of dread when I heard the clashing of metal. "Ugh. Not this, not now," I thought. The customer came out and checked his car to find that I had busted his brake light. Thankfully, that was all that had happened and he didn't feel the need to report me. I went on to get a $3 tip on my delivery.

Tonight Mark and I went to a great performance for our arts class. It was a sort of psychological play that makes you want the bad guy to succeed. In all reality, the play was sick and twisted, and reminded us of Crime and Punishment (a great book for anyone who wants something to read). The basic story was of an author who wrote short stories, many of which were about little children dying. (Obviously not a play you'd want to take your kids to.) At the beginning, he was accused of killing 2 little children by methods written about in his stories. In the end, we find out that it was his mentally retarded brother who carried out these stories to see how far-fetched they were. Naturally, the play goes a lot deeper than that, but there is a general synopsis. As great as it was, I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone because of its violent nature and language. If you want to read up on it, the play is called Pillowman.

Someday I'll get around to taking pictures again. Until then, you'll all have to deal with my meaningless chatter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a crazy show but fun that you can get out together --i don't think i like being blamed for your bad driving habits.....i haven't been in 5 wrecks in 4 years!! ;-) haha